From:
"W. Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:47:11 -0500
London-born Ann Brown (1790-1823) (daughter of Richmond gunsmith Stephen
Brown) survived this fire and lived in our Lynchburg, VA house with her
husband Peter Elliott from about 1814 until her death in 1823. Her son
Joseph Peter Elliott later recalled that "She remembered being pressed
towards the door in the wild rush, and of being thrown down in the panic
that prevailed and was trampled upon, and when she recovered consciousness,
she was lying in a ditch somewhere else. Some one had dragged her
unconscious form from there to safety. She was scarred and cut with iron
heel-taps, and the scars remained till the day of her death."
--
W. Scott Smith, Principal
HistoryTech, LLC

Office: The Piedmont Center, 311 Rivermont Avenue
Mailing: P.O. Box 75, Lynchburg, VA 24505
Mobile 434-401-3995
www.historytech.com