Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:50:43 -0600
Hello ,

I sent a reply which apparently never got posted for some reason or other. I
didn't address the issue of whether Guy Fawkes Day was or wasn't celebrated
in Virginia (although I should think not in staunchly CofE colonial VA...dunno).

I mentioned that the Wright family of Westmoreland Co VA who descended
from Capt Richard Wright were descendants of Wm Wright of Plowland,
Holderness, Yorkshire. This Wm Wright was a half-brother to John (Jack) and
Christopher (Kit) Wright who were co-conspirators in the Gunpowder Plot...same
father, Robert Wright of Plowland, different mothers .

Our William descended from Robert Wright's 1st marriage to Anne Grimston(e).
The Gunpowder Plot conspirators issued from Robert Wright's 2nd marriage
to Ursula Rudston(e) d/o Nicholas Rudston(e) of Hayton....noted recusants.

One of Capt Richard Wright's sons, Major Francis Wright, married Anne
Washington d/o Col John Washington and great-aunt of President George
Washington.

~malinda