From:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:53:01 -0400
As a follow-up to Anne's comments, I think we have completely
misunderstood the personalities of the Founders. We have been misled
by the clothing, the wigs, the elevated diction, the architecture, and
by generations of historians who have read all this as feminine. They
were dominating, aggressive, belligerent alpha males. Who else could
steal a continent from Great Britain and found a nation?

Thomas Jefferson's sexual aggressiveness is a mere footnote to all
this, but an illuminating one.

Henry Wiencek