Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:34:42 -0400
I was not talking about Kwanza.  I was talking about Juneteenth.  Don't change the subject.

I have no idea one way or the other what Kwanza celebrates--but its a red herring.

The issue is celebrating the emancipation of slaves, and the abolition of slavery in the United States.  That is what Juneteenth celebrates.  It is an event of which every thoughtful Republican should be proud--it speaks directly to the core values of Lincoln's Republican party.

No *conservative* in their their right mind would suggest that the values of that event do not deserve commemoration.  You have to be pretty hostile to the fundamental, core values of the United States in order to suggest that, as I explained in an earlier post.