From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:47:39 -0500
I guess it is the pressures of winter and the fact that ice prevents my wife and me from getting off our mountain for the last 3 days (The boonies near Winchester.) but it seems to me that all of us on VA-HIST need a respite or at least a short break from all that heavy stuff.

So what else?!?!?!?!?!   Jamestowne !!!!!!!!

1 - The Jamestown Jubilee CD is alive and well and living all over Virginia.  Orders to me in the first 3 weeks are well over 200.  One individual even ordered 42 for her friends and neighbors!!!  All that boggles my mind since I struggled for a year to hit 200 with my 2003 CD of the 19th Virginia Heavy Arty Band.  At the moment you can get a copy at:

... The Virginia Shop at The Library in Richmond
... City of Fairfax Museum
... Colonial Williamsburg outlets
... The Lehigh Universtiy Wind Ensemble Web Site
... me

Although this sounds a lot like "money changing in the temple", again I emphasize that this was/is NOT a commercial venture.  It is first and foremost a musical documentary of Jamestown centenary celebrations 1807, 1907 and 2007.  It has 16 pages of liner notes on the times and the music, but unfortunately (personal opinion) since it is not a book, pamphlet or paper, there is a tendency that "it don't get no repect" from the academic community.  But what the heck.  Most of us can't enjoy listening to a learned-paper in our car on the way to and from work :))

2 - More on Jamestown musical celebrations around Virginia.  I'll not repeat my earlier postings -- but here are couple of new ones.

- Richmond Concert Band - Looking toward a concert of lotsa Jamestown music at.........

- Reston Chorale have added the 1907 Official Hymn to their already full May 2007 program.  This is most significant.  It will feature not only the singers, but brass and kettle drums for this 11-minute choral extravaganza.  It will NOT be performed at Jamestown in May by anybody, so y'all come to Reston the next weekend.

We now switch you back to Abe Lincoln, lonnnnnng memories, and the rest of the regularly scheduled program.

Randy Cabell - the Trumpeter of Jamestowne