From:
James Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:26:52 -0400
I guess I would step back a minute on this.  Most of us older folks have
the time to spend in doing this. When we were younger probably a small % of
us worked on family history. Yes-there are the exceptions but that is what
they are. In my particular county here in Fl, Brevard, we have three
libraries with dedicated genealogy sections. The central library also has a
CG on staff. The other two libraries which house the genealogy collections
are manned by volunteers from the three clubs in our county.

I did not get interested in family history until I was in my mid 50's. WIth
the stresses on young people, I am thinking working age and those that have
families, today is it any wonder they have this on the back burner?

I just make sure our daughter knows what we are doing and I believe she
will take an interest when the time is available. (School teacher)

What our club has done has engaged the girl scouts, they have a merit
badge, in several sessions where we help them meet their requirements for
completion.

Plant the Seed, Let it Grow

--
Douglas Burnett