From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:33:43 -0400
Eric,

Excellent point of trivia here re the time frame. This was when mass migration to Missouri began in earnest from the upper south, including Virginia in a big way. Statehood followed in1821 with the Missouri Compromise, when Maine was also admitted into the Union. But here we are probably really digressing.

Craig