Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:54:13 -0500
Reconstruction was, simply, one of this nation's earliest examples of a
miserable, failed government program.
So cruel, so horrific, so unjust, so stupidly handled that it severly hurt
the very people it was supposed to help.
Not unlike Lyndon Johnson's Great Society which we will not go into here and
now but did perpetrate upon masses of helpless African Americans a system
that brought them further into intense poverty and dysfunctional familial
patterns that shall haunt them for many, many generations to come.
It is impossible not to see the comparisons between the two areas of
"reconstruction".
DF Mills