From:
Catherine Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:05:53 -0400
Mr. Browning,
Thanks for this caveat. We are aware of the Berkeley Plantation story
and hope that someone--either from the plantation or from this
list--will call in to ask/tell about the event. The show is looking to
explore the whole Thanksgiving narrative, and part of that story is
certainly the Pilgrim-centric ways the holiday is celebrated and how
this does/does not jive with the history of what actually took place.
What other holes can we poke in this traditional narrative? I would
again invite members of this listserv to participate as callers to raise
these issues for our listeners. Thank you.
Catherine Moore