From:
James Hershman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 09:13:32 -0400
Derek--

There was a pretty extensive discussion of the Freedom Riders on this list a
couple of years ago. Check the archives--as I recall there was quite a bit of
information in those exchanges. There was a good bit of history in Virginia
about protest against racial segregation in transportation, including the
initial Freedom Rides staged by CORE in the 1940s.

Jim Hershman