From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:22:25 -0500
Everyone conquered each other to get ahead. One native American tribe
conquered another long before the Europeans taught them how to use gun
powder. Africans conquered each other again long before Europeans interfered
with them. I suppose the Europeons just were more technologically advanced
in conquering each other than either the native Americans or the Afrians
were. I wonder what would have happened if the native Americans and the
Afrians had the technology and the Europeans didn't? Would Europeons been
turned into slaves for the betterment of native Americans and African
societies? One can only speculate. None of these societies in my humble
opinion were better or worse than the other. All enslaved their people in
one way or another. It's just that one society was stornger than the other -
as it has always been since the beginning of time. That's history. And those
who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it - sadly
as we continue to do time and time again.

Lonny J. Watro