From:
Mark Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 23:01:09 -0400
I met an interesting author of color, Stanley K. Lott, whose great
grandfather was a Confederate.  Spoke awhile with Stanley and learned that
he had been an NAACP member and also had an interest in the Civil War.
After he had personally dug much deeper into Civil War history and began
writing about his discoveries he found that the NAACP really didn't want to
hear about his discoveries.  Somewhere along the line he learned about his
great grandfather being a Confederate and so Stanley joined the Sons of
Confederate Veterans after proving his lineage.  See his books at:
http://www.millersservices.com/lott/lott.htm

Shame that some organizations and their leaders seem to have political
agendas which apparently prevent them from admitting certain aspects of
history.  Sometimes they tend to want to preserve some, but not ALL, history
- just that which fits their political slant I guess.

Anyway, as you may see if you click on the links to Stanley's books, he
doesn't fan any controversies by talking about or showing his being in the
Sons of Confederate Veterans, but he pulls no punches when writing about his
discoveries and conclusions about the Northern side in the Civil War
either.  I'm sure it was hard for him to do what he did and I respect him
for not taking the easy road.  Also especially enjoyed those of his books
and phamplets I've read after having met and talked with him.

Mark Wilson