From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:56:01 -0500
Cynthia,

The purpose of the Famous Americans is not to do the job of the teacher to
understand the consequences of events. Famous Americans is not about events
at all.  It is just to give the students a summary of the life of the
individual.

Yes, it is similar to Wikipedia which is one of the sources I frequently use
for the basic information.

All of my sources are listed in the netlinks, and if you want your students
to understand the event, it would be well for them to look in depth at the
information on those links. Of course, doing so could cause them to question
the conclusion you want them to draw - but that is the consequence of good
teaching.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert