From:
"Harold S. Forsythe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:43:42 -0400
Paul and All,

  I think that what folks are trying to do is find a rule that will allow
us to discuss Virginia History without mixing up with her strictly
domestic political affairs.  I am not much of a defender of states'
rights, but I do believe that the residents of a state have to right to
elect, and also to blast their state officials.  As a resident of
Connecticut, I have neither.
  Having said that, this List is dedicated particularly to a scholarly
examination of Virginia History.  So, lets talk about John S. Wise
vs. Fitzhugh Lee, which after all, was a much more interesting
campaign anyway.

Harold