From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:28:37 GMT
I made a request for assistance several weeks ago, and am going to re word it. Does anyone know of a museum in the Fredericksburg area that may have actual clothing from 1700-1800. I am looking for clothing that would have been worn by the Washington family, and also the Spotswood family. My ancestor, Patty Bowden-Jackson, was a Personal servant to Elizabeth Washington (daughter of Augustine Washington Junior), from 1762-1780. She was also a seamstress, meaning she was designing clothes for the Elizabeth and her family. When Elizabeth and Alexander Spotswood married, they moved to Fredericksburg. Patty was taken to Fredericksburg with the Spotswoods, and continued as Elizabeths' personal servant. After completing her indenture, she moved to Fredericksburg, and continued working as a Seamstress.

I hope this clarify's my request.

Anita

Order Sites for Notes And Documents of Free Persons of Color - Barnes & Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=lS3PoJHAgB&isbn=1411603338&itm=1
Amazon.com: