From:
Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2011 17:32:32 -0400
>  Good afternoon,
  I'm Jerry Midkiff and I had 2
family members in the Rev. War both were privates, John and Isaiah
Midkiff, both from Halifax county VA. Both had pensions.  John died
in VA. and Isaiah in Grainger co. Tenn.  I think his grave is
under water by the TVA. but no proof.  thanks
Jerry
Midkiff
Delton,MI

 John
Ashby is buried in Fauquier county, according the JLARC report. You

http://jlarc.virginia.gov/reports/Rpt264.pdf
> Page 32 of
appendix B-2 give a more specific location.

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Iona White
> wrote:

The recent postings in reference to Richmond's Revolutionary Patriots
>> cemetery walk brought this question to mind.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me the burial location of John Ashby (3rd Va.
Reg) died
>> 11
>> Dec 1776, Philadelphia, from
"wounds received in battle"? (or refer me
>> to a

>> good reference)
>>
>> John was from
Stafford Co., VA. 1731-1776.

>> I enjoy reading
the postings of this group. I learn interesting Virginia

history.
>> Iona (follower in Missouri)

>> at
>> http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-hist.html
>>

> --
> "If we knew
what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,

would it?"