From:
Clara Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:51:24 -0800
Uh, no.....my position is that the states had the right to secede and Lincoln was a tyrant who violated the Constitution and the outcome was 700,000 dead Americans.

"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  So the logical outcome of your position would be that the USA and the
CSA split? I wonder how many of us would be here now were that to
have been the case? I daresay hardly any. And as for what would have
happened in WWII and the Cold War, presuming they still happened
without the currently configured USA, I'd have to wonder whether we'd
all be in a far greater pickle.

Dorm-room arguments are one thing, reality is another.

Lyle Browning