From:
John Kneebone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 14:28:09 -0400
Everyone,

Tomorrow, Wednesday, 16 May 2002, at noon at the Library of Virginia in
Historic Downtown Richmond, Virginia author David L. Robbins will discuss
his new book, Scorched Earth. The book, which received a starred review
(that's good) in Publishers Weekly, is described as: "Part mystery, part
legal thriller, it is a story of crime and punishment set in a small
southern town during one brutal, hot, and unforgiving summer that lays bare
the potential of the human heart to hate--and, ultimately, to heal."

I have read the book and liked it very much. The description above, although
accurate, slights the quality of the writing and the characterization. Also,
the novel is set in a small Virginia town, and although the story is set in
the present, Robbins understands how that locality's history continues to
influence actions today.

David L. Robbins is the author of War of the Rats and other novels. He is a
former attorney and lives in Richmond. Those of you who might have attended
his last book talk at the Library of Virginia, about three years ago, know
that he is a passionate and entertaining speaker.

My apology for the lateness of this notice. I hope to see you tomorrow if
you can make it.

John T. Kneebone [log in to unmask]
Acting Director, Virginia Center for the Book
Director, Publications and Educational Services
Library of Virginia http://www.lva.lib.va.us