From:
Andrew Deci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:15:42 -0400
I would say that most of the roads I am studying fall into this category;
they were likely developed as the hollows and hills were settled in the
mid-late nineteenth century, taken care of by the users, and never 'given'
to the state.  Deed language rarely mentions any ROW or easements concerning
the roads.  The roads are certainly there--I've seen them--but the
documentation is a bit rarer.

Thank you to everyone who has pitched in with suggestions.  I will keep you
abreast of the most applicable records and my eventual conclusions.

Best,

Andrew

--
Andrew H. Deci