From:
Beth Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:45:06 -0400
Hi Deane,
  How are you?

 Thanks for your repsonse, I have received several others and none of them
say the same thing!

 But all are of the same general meaning that of Christianity. I have been
told, "In hoc salus," "In His service," and now, "In His name."

 Also that it is usually for Catholic stones. The reason I thought perhaps
it was from an organization is that it was a second stone. The man in
question was  Albert Ertle of Germany, an artist, my 3rd great-grandfather.
He had a regular tombstone with the name and dates and all, but this second
one is a monument  at the top a very large cross with a round circle with
IHS in it.

 Thank you and everyone who wrote to me privately for your help!: )

          Beth