From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 12:48:53 -0700
Slavery was bad enough, but to use God to justify these acts, Was just pure
evil. This is what resonates in the minds of racist today, who consider
themselves Christians. The truth is that the lines of Jesus Christ came out
of Egypt an African country (even though today Egyptians have been
classified as European). If the truth were really told, and preached from
the Christian Pulpits, much of the arguements used to justify slavery, would
lose steam.

This is supposed to be a country where people have freedom of speech, but
that only goes so far. Some Americans want to celebrate a history that
ignores slavery, or they want to define slavery, and what it was. The
descendants of slaves are ignored, or accused of living in the past. So what
is the celebration of Jamestown about? Is that living in the Past (hello)?
It is the same with Native History, which is almost universally told through
the European point of view.

Anita

It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07