From:
Walter Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:14:20 -0500
I attended a Life Long Leaning course at James Madison University that was lead by a gentleman that did this
(formal edit process) for a living.

It appeared to me from what he discussed that the process was a legitimate one for book publishers to require.

The methods that he used, the editing standards observed, and required were more than worth a couple of 100 bucks
to turn out a properly "finished" product for commercial distribution.

If you have doubts, I recommend that you contact LLI at James Madison University and try to contact this fellow (I
forgot his name) and get a second opinion about the "validity" of the requirement -- with all do respect to the
fact that he is in the business -- as an independent editor.

It was my opinion that he knew what he was talking about; and, that the "process" was very much needed for the
"likes" of us -- (scribblers).

Very Respectfully,

Ray