Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:04:50 -0400
A few years ago, I wrote a book-length ms. titled "The Literature of
Virginia." I never saw it to completion and gave it to the Va.
Historical Society. I covered many of the titles (all published) that
deal with the kinds of things you're interested in.  Many of the titles
are obviously out of print but you might find some leads there.

Best,

Maurice Duke