From:
Jim Glanville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:14:32 -0500
Subject: The Holstonia Bibliography. An experiment.
Date: Sunday 15 February 2009. 12:30 am.
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Jim Glanville <[log in to unmask]>

Fellow VA-Hist list subscribers:

The document HolstoniaBibliography101.pdf is an experimental,
permanently-in-progress, bibliography and commentary written with the
convictions that 1. The pre-1800 history of Southwest Virginia and
Northeast Tennessee is important and insufficiently appreciated, and 2.
That we live in an amazing world. It is a document written to be
searched in and clicked on. This posted document is version 1.01.

This pdf file is a linked bibliography. A number of sources of the
primary documents of Virginia history can be reached by clicking on the
appropriate places in the document. Examples of the relevance of such
documents to the history my region are included. The document includes a
glossary and offers practical hints about how on line documents to which
it links can be accessed and manipulated.

While its focus is western Virginia, many of the linked references are
comprehensively relevant to Virginia history.

The document invites criticisms, complaints, comments, questions, and
suggestions for its improvement. It remarks that "… subscribers to [this
VA-Hist] list will be singularly unbashful in taking me to task both for
my errors and for my opinions."

You can find this experiment posted on line at
http://www.holstonia.net/files/HolstoniaBibliographyV101.pdf.

Jim Glanville
Retired Chemist
201 Graves Avenue