Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2014 22:36:43 -0700
I am researching Bartholomew Fenton who arrived on the Justicia at Leedstown, Westmoreland County, abt April 2, 1770. He was sentenced to 7 years at the Old Bailey in 1769 for theft of 17 pigeons. He is next found in 1779 serving in the VA militia under Col. Benjamin Logan at Logan's Fort in Kentucky County, VA.
I'm trying to find who bought his indenture, where he served his time, and where/when he enlisted in the militia. Benj. Logan was from Augusta County and I saw a site that listed three other Logan brothers, Simon Kenton, and William Christian (all of whom served in Ky County during the Revolution) as enlisting in Botetourt County.
A note as to any online records I might search would be greatly appreciated. Pvt. B. Fenton has been the object of scholarly work in the UK and elsewhere.
YT, Joanne Fenton