From:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:15:58 +0100
I'm grateful for the replies to my query. The Nimmo family history details
are interesting for the connections with other families who lost slaves in
the 1812 War, and the descriptive information on the Pleasure House
certainly expands my story as I had hoped, especially an article sent by
Eric Johnson. References to maps reminded me that I had some copies of older
Virginia maps, and on the 1807map I have, Pleasure House is clearly marked.
I now have more leads, and I'll report back if I find more useful
information.

Incidentally, Lynhaven is twice spelled thus, as against Lynnhaven that I
have seen  elsewhere. Are (or were) both spellings current?

John Weiss
Independent Scholar, London
For an outline of the project on the British Corps of Colonial Marines of
the War of 1812:
http://homepage.virgin.net/john.weiss/trinidad/trinidad.html