From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:25:51 -0500
perhaps someone here from U.Va. can fill me in on this and share with
the group- last week I read online that U.Va. has acquired an
extremely rare copy of the published autobiography of a slave who
made his way to Canada. It sounded quite interesting, but now I can't
find the website where I read it. Since he was in another country
altogether and writing his own life, not telling a white face 'from
the government', it might give a more honest picture of what his
life, at least, was like. As I recall, it will be available for
reading at U.Va. and they hope to publish it in the future.

Thanks,

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone