From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:29:42 -0500
Well said.  A Folk song, a GREAT tune, and reflects all those Virginian's heading west!

I've sent EMails to a half dozen or so delegates asking that they vote it in, and attached my MP3 clip from the trio of my march "Band of the Shenandoah" to inspire them.  (I'll not risk the wrath of VA-HIST Management to clutter up the net with an attached 147KB file, but if you want to hear it, send me an EMail.)

I have also sent a copy of the full-band arrangement to to the Shenandoah County Public Schools (what better place) adding to the dozen or so that I sent to local schools last year.  I think that the Stonewall Bridage Band in Staunton and the Clarke County Community Band in Berryville may perform it in their summer series.  How about some wordsmiths out there on VA-HIST writing some real Virginia Lyrics in time to sing this summer ?!?!?!  :))

"Oh Shennandoah, in our Virginia........"

            That's 20% of a verse.... only four lines to go.... :))

Randy Cabell
Engineering Officer, VSS Shenandoah

"Your mission, should you accept it, is to put some excitement and some fun into solidifying The State Song of Virginia."