From:
JEFFREY D SOUTHMAYD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:11:10 -0500
 I don't know Dr. Nieman, but apparently prior to his article in the William & Mary journal on TJ and Hemings his publication resume was as follows:

1997 - Conspicuous consumption as wasteful social advertising: A
Darwinian perspective on spatial patterns in Classic Maya terminal
monument dates. In Rediscovering Darwin: Evolutionary Theory in Archaeological Explanation, edited by G. Clarke and M. Barton, pp. 267-290. Archaeological Papers of the American Anthropological Association, 7.

1995 - Stylistic variation in evolutionary perspective: Inferences
from decorative diversity and inter-assemblage distance in Illinois
Woodland Ceramic assemblages. American Antiquity 60(1):1-37.

1993 - Temporal patterning in house plans from the 17th-century Chesapeake. In The Archaeology of Seventeenth-Century Virginia,
edited by T. Reinhart and D. Pogue, pp. 251-284. Council of Virginia
Archaeologists: Archaeological Society of Virginia Special Publication
30, Richmond.

Don't know what any of this research and writing has to do with expertise in dna analysis, but perhaps I am missing something.

J South