From:
John Kneebone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:50:31 -0400
The dealine for nominations for the Virginia Library History Award,
sponsored by the Library of Virginia and the Virginia Center for the Book,
is 31 August 2001. To be eligible for the competition, works must have been
completed (published or unpublished) between 1 September 1999 and 31 August
2001.

Please send nominations to Virginia Library History Awards, Virginia Center
for the Book at the Library of Virginia, 800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA
23219-8000.

The judges have agreed to define Virginia library history broadly to include
relevant histories of authorship, reading, publishing, and similar topics.
Nominations might include bibliographies, unpublished dissertations or
theses, journal articles, local histories, or scholarly monographs.

The award winner will be announced at the annual meeting of the Virginia
Library Association, 18-20 October 2001.

For more information, see my article, "Recovering William Byrd's Library:
The First Virginia Library History Award," in Virginia Libraries, 46
(April-June 2000), at
http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/VALib/v46_n2/kneebone.html

Since then we have received a few good nominations, but we would be happy to
receive others. Here's to more and better library histories.

John

John T. Kneebone [log in to unmask]
Director, Publications and Educational Services
Library of Virginia http://www.lva.lib.va.us