From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:54:20 -0500
THREE DAYS!?!?!?!!   Let it never be said that those Puritans did not know HOW to throw a real party!!!

But again we have an image problem.  I don't know if the Puritans really dressed in those cool black and white clothes, but artists certainly have attributed the dress to them.  We have nothing comparable which distinguishes Jamestown Dress.

So all in all, Plymouth has simplicity going for it (whether facts support it or not)

    - Simple, unique dress
    - The Turkey is the centerpiece of the food
    - 'Religious Freedom' is the supertitle
    - A (well?) documented celebration using the keyword Thanksgiving
    - Nearly 400 years of the legend (Hey, I wonder if there is anything in this that the TV Mythbusters can tackle......)
    - A wealth of coloring books, dolls, school plays, etc. that perpetuate the picture

And of course we have Public Television producing THE PILGRAM HOUSE a year or so ago year, which mercifully has been absent for a spell, but I get it will come back right in the middle of OUR Jamestown celebration.   Worse, I guess that the movie THE NEW WORLD is beyond redemption, although I did find a copy on AMAZON.COM for $5.98 and ordered it.  But remember (marketing pitch coming up)  THE MUSIC LIVES  --  watch for it on the Jamestown 1807-1907-2007 Music CD early next year!!!!

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Boyce