From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:59:09 -0500
Wow.... it sounds like moving to the New World is like Showbiz.... Timing is everything.

I don't think I have the music to Lusty Gallant, but it sounds like something that may be on my CD of English National Songs, that I cannot seem to find.  Roast Beef of Olde England is another one it, which laments how the English had grown timid and it was NOT LIKE THE GOOD OLD days...... and it was written in the early 1700s!

"When good Queen Elizabeth sat on the throne,
  ere coffee and tea and such slip-slops were known....
The world it did tremble, when' ere she did frown.....

Oh the Roast Beef of Olde England...... And Oh for Old Englands' Roast Beef"

I bet 'it never was like it was' though :))

Randy Cabell