From:
"W. Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:48:04 -0500
Has anyone researched the present-day location of Devil's Woodyard
Swamp (also called Woodyard Swamp) in what is now Caroline County?

The work that I have done so far makes me think that Mill Creek, which
joins with the Pamunkey River just east of where US 301 crosses it,
and just west of the Caroline/King William County Line, was called
Woodyard Swamp in the early 18th century. A modern USGS topo map
indicates some swampy areas in the creek valley.

The area that I am looking at is here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?t=p&ie=UTF8&ll=37.8009,-77.352333&spn=0.01882,0.032959&z=15

W. Scott Smith
Lynchburg, Virginia