From:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 00:01:42 +0100
On the Maritime History list (MARHST-L), peanut butter in Anglo-Saxon times
might have started an unprecedented thread on pre-Columbian crossings of the
Atlantic - Vikings sailing down the coast to South America, perhaps, or
early southerly crossings bringing the peanut to Africa, and thence to
England by Crusaders?
(It has just struck midnight here in London, and the milk curdled as my
familiar placed her paw on my mouse).

John Weiss