From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:28:46 -0500
While the VSS Shenandoah sits at the dock getting up a head of steam and awaiting action by the House of Burgesses or whatever we call them now, I have returned to my late-2005 effort -- The Trumpeter of Jamestowne.  And I need help.

I have compiled about 11 pages of 'Trumpet Sightings' in the New World prior to 1650, have even found a couple of tunes up there at the top of the Maybe-He-Played charts.  I have been working with several folks, like Bly Straub down at Jamestown APVA and Jeffrey Nussbaum, president of the Historic Brass Society, and they have encourged me to hang in there.

But I would like to find some learned institution here in Virginia that has an active effort underway to research/teach/publish or otherwise preserve, share and celebrate our heritage of Jamestowne AND who might be interested in the work that I am doing.  I'll be glad to send a copy of my work as it stands to anybody interested, if it will help move things forward.

Randy Cabell
Boyce, Virginia
The Winchester Brass Band (That was last years's project :))