From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:01:16 -0500
In 1796, George Washington warned ".Against the insidious wiles of foreign
influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow citizens) the jealousy of a
free people out to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove
that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican
government." Washington said "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to
foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them
as little political connection as possible."

Happy b-lated b-day GW! (Yesterday, am I right?) And, what do you think ole'
GW would think about the port issues going on today? I think he would have
been upset when the Brittish first took charge of our commercial ports,
don't you? So, why such an out cry now? Some interesting questions to ask
your history students. What would GW say about what GWB is doing. (hah) Good
one, don't you think? (Hmmm...and I wonder why the Mayor of Baltimore isn't
upset that the Brittish are running his port. They were the ones who shot at
the Star Spangled Banner at Fort McHenry - not the United Arab Emirates).
Well after all it is 2006 and an election year. I can imagine this is going
to get very interesting. Sure wish GW was around to give us some advice.

Lonny