From:
Robin Gabriel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 12:32:29 -0400
OK, so I know that this is not directly a VA history question, but you all
have been so helpful in the past and I am truly stumped on this one, so
hopefully someone will know the answer.

I got a letter recently from someone asking about Thomas Jefferson's Hiero's
Fountain at Monticello. Not having any idea what a Hiero's Fountain is,
makes this a difficult question to answer. Can anyone tell me what one is
and how it works? My gut tells me that TJ did not have one of these since
there were no fountains that I know of at Monticello.

Thanks,
Robin

- - -
Robin H. Gabriel