From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:36:45 -0500
Neil,
 You are correct that certain people are in my opinion and research,
attempting though the "friendly" book and NYT publishers to degrade a fine
founding father. The NYT reporter, African-American, Brent Staples, has
written since the DNA  Study was announced, that TJ is guilty. The NYT will
not publish my letters-to-editor asking for clarification of inappropriate
reporting. Read their books and you will see that many march in lock step
with the same arguments and MISINFORMATION.

I ask all readers to please research the words of these "authorities" not by
the number of book awards they have won or how "famous" they may be in the
eyes of the public. Professor Ellis states in the excellent Library of
Congress book, Thomas Jefferson, Genius of Liberty, "when a DNA study
"confirmed" that Jefferson most probably fathered a child by Sally Hemings."
We all know that the DNA test DID NOT confirm this so what is his AGENDA? I
KNOW do you?    Once excellent authors wrote some good books, BUT after the
DNA study was announced they "JUMPED SHIP" and joined those having seminars
opposing TJ.....WHY? I have earlier explained the deceitful handling of the
study, so why, as "historians", do they not realize this?

Funny that you should mention Professor Joseph Ellis, admitted liar as
exposed by the Boston Herald for lying to his Mt. Holyoke College students.
He was also DEEPLY involved in the inaccurate stories and articles about TJ
and the test. His book, Founding Brothers, gives us great insight into why
the USNWR had 10 pages on the Jefferson-Hemings DNA Study because he was
furnishing inaccurate information to them as he had done at Nature Journal.
The book applauds the then Editor, Stephan Smith, as having the sharpest
pencil around the beltway, pretty revealing I would think. In my opinion he
is following through on his statement that you mention.

Herb Barger

This heap of political dung that is devisive to our nation, that uses the
names of Hitler and Thomas Jefferson in the same breath, is below limits of
civilty for this list or anywhere except the NYT.  Their number of readers
have dropped like flies in recent years and they must sell their assets as
well as their souls in an attempt to stay afloat.

But this fits nicely with the scruples of those who have been trying to tear

down Thomas Jefferson since the mid-1990's.  It is self-admitting when
Joseph Ellis (as once-leader or spokesman of the Monticello Foundation
historians' group) says that tearing down Jefferson is paramount as "the
dead-white-male who matters most" and the "most valued trophy in the
cultural wars."  How more clearly political can these attempts be...!!

Neil McDonald