Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:50:21 -0500
Is "OPECHANCANOUGH / MANGOPEESOMON" the same OPECHANCANOUGH that we
Tidewater Virginians have always referred to as "O'Canoe", Powahatan's
brother?
If so, that would be rather like calling Osama bin laden a "great man". I
can see why Muslim "Freedom Fighters" would admire him.  "O'Canoe" was the
mastermind behind the massacre of 1622 that nearly wiped out the settlement.
D. F. Mills
York COunty, VA