From:
"Deal, John (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:18:45 +0000
The Virginia Newspaper Project is excited about adding new titles and new issues to existing titles to the ever growing Virginia Chronicle<http://virginiachronicle.com/> database/repository.

We are especially happy to announce that the Project has added the finishing touches to a complete run of the Richmond Times-Dispatch from its inaugural publishing year in 1903 through 1922. We've also added 1852 - 1859 of a related title, the Daily Dispatch (Richmond). The Library of Virginia and the Newspaper Project are focusing more attention on adding titles and issues published before the Civil War.

But there's more. A diverse group of titles, including new addition, The Casket and Institute Jewel, provide texture and depth to the Library's growing newspaper database and repository.

We've also added issues of the Richmond high school newspaper, The Monocle (John Marshall HS), and the Peninsula Enterprise, a historically significant newspaper published on the Eastern Shore.

As for the Casket and Institute Jewel, only a few issues exist but we felt it important for researchers to have access to these unique items published at private schools locate in Suffolk, Virginia.

So if you love researching newspapers, please visit Virginia Chronicle<http://virginiachronicle.com/>. As reported on the main page this collection contains 55,858 issues comprising 385,724 pages.

Errol S. Somay
Director, Virginia Newspaper Project
Library of Virginia | Richmond, VA 23219
http://virginiachronicle.com
http://virginiamemory.com