From:
Leslie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:11:58 -0600
Dear John Ragosta,

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply to my query.

I'm guessing that Madison wouldn't have described an unadopted effort as
a violation of the Declaration, but rather as an attempted violation of it.

I'm further guessing that Madison was referring to some specific statute
or statutes.

As to the incorporation of the Episcopal Church, I've now found an Act
of the legislative session beginning in OCT 1784, incorporating the
Protestant Episcopal Church, and I assume that that's the Act to which
you were referring.

I'll now see if I can find anything that Madison had to say specifically
about that Act.

(I should add that I'm writing from the wilds of Canada, with my only
access to source materials being whatever I can find on the Web, so to a
large extent my searching is hit and miss!)

Thank you again,

Leslie Katz

--

Leslie Katz

email: lesliek [at] mymts [dot] net

Please visit http://ssrn.com/author=1164057 to find hyperlinks

to papers that I’ve written on literary and legal topics