From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:51:25 -0400
I have been asked to write a musical work for band, drawing upon tunes associted with the eight US Presidents in which we Virginians glory.  I have been fortunate to find sheet music for six of them, and audio tracks for two more.  But for those two, it would be a lot easier for me to work from printed music rather than transcribing the sound, ala-Mozart.

I have not been able to tease anything out of the online offerings of The Library of Congress, The Library of Virginia, or the Virginia Historical Society.  But I suspect that somebody more technically savvy than I might find them.  The two songs are":

"Monroe's The Man", published about 1817
"Wilson's The One", published about 1913

Your reward will be a MIDI MP3 production of a genuine imitation computer generated 1914 Jazz Band playing the Wilson tune.

Thanks,

Randy Cabell