From:
John Philip Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2012 07:36:46 -0500
Add Reconstruction to the ongoing problems of the War and you extend this
"END" period of the War.
One of my cousins in Bonham Texas would indulge in some whiskey on Saturday
and ride through town, shooting and hollering, just like the charge he had
been in the war. Was this an early demonstration of PTSD?
Another uncle died in Missouri after being let out of Camp Chase POW, and
his brother, my ancestor, lived. Another ancestor died in a POW camp in
1864.
The War did not end at Appomattox, just the shooting, more or less. We still
had clashes with ex - CSA soldiers and Union soldiers fighti9ng into the
1870's and on.
Any of the more learned here, you have an excellent book staring you in the
old publishing business.
JPAdams
Texas