From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:01:57 -0500
Juretta,

Seeing your name on this post reminded me that I wanted to write and tell
you that I read The Hemingses of Monticello and understand why it earned an
award. It a very engaging book, hard to put down, and, in the end, I really
think that Annette Gordon-Reed showed a great deal of respect for Tom
Jefferson in spite of his foibles in the book. In fact, she seems to emote
more emotion towards Tom than towards Sally. But then, she also seemed to
think highly of several of the Hemings males as well as the matriarch of the
family. Thanks so much for bringing this excellent book to our attention.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org