From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:01:51 -0500
Lonny and All,

    I don't presume any expertise on the 18th century but I just want to
remind everyone that public TV is geared to reach a wide audience.  Remember
that Tolstoy in his novel War and Peace describes the Battle of Austerlitz
through the eyes of Count Andre Bolkonsky and the occupation of Moscow
through the eyes of Pierre Bezhukov (sp?)
In The War that Made America, George Washington is constructed to be our
focus and our guide into the French and Indian War.  It is a narrative
device necessary for all those who watch the series but who don't post on
this listserve.

Harold S. Forsythe