From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 04:41:24 GMT
That makes more sense, then the story about them vanishing without a
trace. However, folks do love a good mystic mystery (smile).

Anita

-- [log in to unmask] wrote:
The girl who used to cut my hair was a Lumbee Indian and she told me
that
present day Lumbees know exactly and without a doubt that the Roanoke
Island
colonists simply wandered off and joined the local Indian tribes and
became
part of  their culture and life and families. She said that it had
always
been a "Duh" issue and that if "white folk" hadn't been so disdainful
of the
opinions of the Indians who have tried, repeatedly, over the years to
tell
the stories of  what happened then there would be no "mystery".
Makes sense to me.
DFM
in York County