From:
"Donald W. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:26:42 -0500
Disclaimer: I am not an expert on this subject. But I did some more
research.

The General Assembly passed an act in 1784 to incorporate the
Protestant Episcopal Church under the regulatory laws of Virginia, in
which all former parish property of the Anglican Church was
transferred to the new denomination (Hening 11:532-37).  It is my
understanding that records were always kept at the parish level and
probably remained there, whether Anglican or Episcopal.