From:
Richard Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:49:13 -0400
The Belmont constructed by Ludwell Lee is located east of Leesburg and is
not the Belmont of Albemarle County, some 100 miles away. Although there is
no definitive proof where James or Dolley Madison stayed after the flight
from Washington, it is claimed that Dolley did go to Lee's Belmont estate.
That is now restored and is the country club for a gated community.

Richard E. Dixon
Clifton, VA 20124-2115
703-830-8177
fax 703-691-0978