From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:33:07 -0500
Does no one else know of any other great women of Virginia? Or do you just
not want to take on Brent's challenge and play along? I'm recovering from
surgery here and need a good mind game. So humor me, o.k?

I have another one, although she actually would be consider from West
Virginia now. But she was officially born in Virginia. Because West Virginia
was not a state when she was born. So she is officially a Virginian, IMHO.

Her name? Why it's none other than Nancy Hanks mother of Abraham Lincoln.
What makes her great? Well she must have been to produce such a son as
"Honest Abe" don't you agree? Her home place is not far from where I now
live in Mineral County, WV. And you may read more about her at these
interesting websites:

http://www.nps.gov/liho/family/nancy.htm
http://home.att.net/~rjnorton/Lincoln81.html

I'm sure there are other sites.

Come on you learned Virginian scholars what else do you have for me?

Lonny Watro
The West Virginian - Virginian Woman <heh heh>