From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 18:00:01 -0400
Given the ongoing discussion of "PC", It is with some trepedation that I bring this to the attention of VA-HIST, but in our (VA-HIST)eternal search for truth, I think I owe it to you.

I am referring to the DVD and program at Jamestown from June 11 to June 16 by Vision Forum Ministries. There is a very high quality 'Souvenir' program which goes along with the DVD that they sent me.

I find it interesting that nothing has surfaced on VA-HIST to-date on this, but on the other hand I DON'T find it surprising that nothing has surfaced in the other Williamsburg/Jamestown communications about it.

I encourage you to look into this and come up with your own opinion.  VFM has thrown down the gauntlet re WHY Jamestown happened in the first place.... that is was officially directed to take God to the Heathens.  Furthermore, they take a very strong position that all of the to-date 2007 commemorations and education for our children are telling the wrong story.  Consequently, they are making an effort to "tell it like it really was."

I have talked with Doug Phillips, Executive Director of Vision Forum Ministries, and I believe the he is sincerely motivated to try to educate our children in what he believes to be the real meaning of Jamestown.

I shall not further cloud the issue with my own opinions or beliefs, but again, encourage you to look into this as one more product of our celebration of 400 years of English America.

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne